The Mission of the Visiting Nurses Foundation is to create funding for education and assistance of Home Health and Hospice patients and their families.
Foundation dollars have contributed over 1 Million dollars, paid for over a thousand visits and provided funding for diverse needs as:
- Medical equipment that would not otherwise be available in this area
- Programs that bring pain relief and comfort to the sick and dying
- Care for at risk mothers and newborns
- Treatment of wounds, burns and bed sores
- Education of patients in the use of equipment and medications
- Respite relief to ease the burden and anxiety of the family and primary caregivers of long term patients
- Hospice care enabling victims of terminal illness to die at home, in dignity, surrounded by those they love.