In addition to the Centralia thrift shop on Pearl Street in Centralia, we have opened a second shop in Chehalis located next to the Market Street Ace Hardware on Market Street.
We currently do not have any openings but will accept applications for Cashier/Receiving/Processing employees to keep on file. See below for a more detailed job description. If you would like to apply, please print out our application and bring it to either Thrift Shop.
JOB SUMMARY: Operate cash register and duties relating to that job. Provide customer assistance to shoppers. Assist with receiving and processing of donations. Help to maintain a neat, clean attractive store.
- All duties relating to operation of cash register including, but not limited to:
- Opening till
- Ringing up sales
- Closing, counting and balancing till
- All paperwork involved in carrying out the above
- Receiving and processing of donations, including sorting, washing, drying, hanging, and pricing items.
- Restock and straighten shelves and racks plus other
- Be aware of inventory. Help customers with questions.
- Assist with light store housekeeping (i.e. straightening up shelves and racks; dusting, keeping aisles and store free of clutter.
- Basic math skills.
- Good people skills.
- Neat and clean personal appearance.
- Acquaintance with thrift shops a plus. Adhere to the philosophy that one person’s trash may be someone else’s treasure.
- To ensure a safe workplace and environment, applicant must be agreeable to a criminal background check.
The employee will frequently stand, walk, bend and reach and occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, turn, twist, push and pull. The employee will frequently handle things such as filled boxes and bags and occasionally furniture. He/she must be able to lift and carry (up to 30 pounds), use fingers to run a cash register, be able to read the print on product labels and be able to communicate by hearing/talking with customers, volunteers and other employees.
WORK SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
Full and Part-time position available with a minimum of 20 hours per week. The store is open seven days a week. Shifts may vary as scheduled by manager. Starting wage: minimum or higher DOE.